Sunday, November 23, 2008

I Am So Grateful!

"You guys can come and visit me in Afghanistan. The only bad thing is that you'll have to watch out for snipers." Alex Houser in conversation with Dad.

Alex called us 3 times today. I spoke with Jake on Friday night, and Dad is on the phone with him now. Mark and I leave on 12/3/08 to see Alex and bring him home. I am so excited, I can't stand it. Jake is meeting us in Colorado for Christmas. He even had a long talk with Samarah, and couldn't believe how much she had grown up. He sounds really excited about the get together as well. I am so blessed, I could just cry. All of you know how very long I have prayed for something like this. If only Savannah and her family could make it to Colorado, we would have our own mini version of the gathering of Isreal!

Church was really great. Mark and I teach Sunday School. It was my turn this week. We went to Church with one of the kids in our class (16 y/o) when we lived in Alma 3rd Ward. He is Tom and Sheila Bennett's grandson. His uncles and great-grandma lived next door to the Smiths, one street down from us. We knew his family well, and loved them. Anyway, this kid is kind of shy. He asked his mom,"How come my Sunday School teachers know so much about our family." I guess we kind of "freaked him out" (as Ryan would put it). His mom explained while laughing.

I work on Tuesday and Wednesday nights. Mark will be making the Thanksgiving dinner while I sleep. Hooahh and Ooorah!

Love,
Renée

Photobucket

1 comment:

Bobbi Jo Nichols said...

Renee',
I am so happy for you & Mark. This has been a long time coming and lots of prayers. I can't wait to see pictures of your Christmas with the family.
I am sure Savannah wishes she could be there too.
It was so great to talk with you last night. Thank you for all your loving and kind remarks. It made me feel better after a poopy day.
Love, Bobbi Jo